Selling a home during the holidays. Is is naughty or nice? Just about this time every year, scores of homeowners decide to wait until after the holidays to put their home on the market. Other homeowners, who currently have their homes on the market, decide to take them off the market until after the holidays. Here are six great reasons why that’s not a good idea:
- Relocation buyers! They are still out there and their companies are not concerned that it is holiday time. Plus if the buyers have kids, they’ll want them in school after the holidays.
- Home buyers that are looking for a home during the holidays are serious buyers and are ready to buy.
- You can restrict the showings on your home to the times you want it shown, so you remain in control of your schedule.
- Homes show better when decorated for the holidays.
- There is less competition for you as a seller during the holidays. Let’s take a look at listing inventory as compared to the same time last year:
- The supply of listings increases substantially after the holidays. Also, in many parts of the country, new construction will make a comeback in 2016. This will lessen the demand for your house.
What does this mean for you?
Waiting until after the holidays to sell your home probably doesn’t make sense.
Have questions or want to find out what your home is worth in today’s market? Call or text me, Troy Stavros with Gables & Gates, REALTORS at 865-599-9444.